How to improve Youtube video engagement and retention
- January 13, 2023
- Posted by: ElastiCourse
- Category: Technology
There are several ways you can improve the retention of your videos on YouTube. Here are a few tips:
- Create a compelling title and thumbnail that accurately represents the content of your video and entices viewers to click on it.
- Start your video with a hook to grab the viewer’s attention and keep them engaged.
- Use subtitles or closed captions to make your video more accessible to a wider audience.
- Use annotations and end screens to encourage viewers to subscribe to your channel or watch more of your videos.
- Optimize your video for SEO by using relevant keywords in the title, description, and tags.
- Ask your audience to like, share, and comment on your video to increase engagement and visibility.
- Finally, to retain your audience you may create a series of videos that build on each other and create a sense of anticipation for the next episode.
Keep in mind that retention is also a measure of how well your video resonates with your audience, so make sure your video is providing value and is interesting to your target audience.